ASEP medical is developing a first-in-class diagnostic assay for the early and rapid diagnosis of sepsis based on the detection of unique molecular signatures of sepsis specific to the immune response rather than the presence of a pathogen.
This novel technology represents tremendous commercial potential as sepsis is one of the most expensive conditions for hospitals to treat and current methods of diagnosis (including blood cultures) can take over 24 hours and are not fully predictive.
How it Works
Doctor Suspects Potential Sepsis
Bloodwork is Drawn
Our Rapid Diagnostic Test yields results in 1-4 hours, significantly improving sepsis survival rates.
The Company is undertaking the largest ever predictive clinical genomics study of early sepsis to validate these diagnosis procedures:
We've got big plans.
Don't miss another update.
- A meta-analysis of >500 patients and further multinational clinical studies within our network of researchers involving >300 patients from Netherlands, Australia, Colombia and Canada (with another 200 currently being sequenced from Canada, USA and Australia) have been completed.
- Initial studies have demonstrated that expression of the molecular signature can predict severe sepsis in these patients.
- Machine learning approaches have revealed multiple sub-signatures of 6-9 genes that are as effective as the original 31 gene signature.
- These biomarkers have been shown to have greater sensitivity and specificity than SIRS criteria to identify patients with sepsis with much earlier recognition time; (an earlier and more reliable diagnosis results in more precise treatment and improved survival).
- Studies are underway to demonstrate that the diagnosis of groupings of sepsis patients (endotypes of a population) will enable personalized therapy.
To continually innovate to address the global crisis of SEPSIS to improve survivability and quality of life of patients.
To combine the best scientific, development, and business teams necessary to achieve the unity goal of providing the best possible healthcare to those suffering with chronic infections.
To become the Global Market Leader in the Diagnosis and Treatment of SEPSIS.